Saturday, April 23, 2011

Holy Week 2011 in St. Francis of Assisi Maa Parish

0 comments
I so long to participate in any church activities since I left my ministry three (3) years ago. This time in 2011, I found time and grab the chance do it in the holy week, I am limited because I am on my waiting period for delivery. Nonetheless, I see to it that pregnancy would not be the hindrance to still go with what I've been love doing in my youth days.


HOLY WEEK, as far as I can remember, is the week of Lent and the week before Easter. It includes activities such as Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday (Holy Thursday) and Good Friday.


To start with my faithful participation on Lenten Activities, Taweng and I joined the Holy Mass for the Celebration of the Last Supper of Christ in the parish where we both grew with spiritually, St. Francis of Assisi Maa Parish. We thought that we're late already in the mass. But, when we arrived, we were informed that we're an hour early. And so, I've got the chance to take pictures around the parish that were randomly captured by my eyes and my camera.


I so miss the altar, the garden altar as well as the stained glass above it. This is the only church in Davao City with a garden altar. No wonder that a lot of couples who plans to get married loves to book their weddings here especially if their concept is a garden wedding.

This is new to me. The ceiling is almost done and painted with white with lights hanged on it.

Oh! Here's the Lenten schedule and I was able to peep on it.


A sneak peek of the parish adoration altar for the blessed sacrament.

The closer view.

The Our Lady of Lourdes in their white and light blue uniform.


Just noticed that they already started to assemble stained glass around the church walls. Below is the closer view of the first stained glass at the right portion of the church wall.



There are special people that I so long to meet again were also there to attend the Holy Mass. My Parish Youth Core Group, Janet with her little darling, Ty and Yupi, Ghie and Meljohn.



And of course, my friend nun, Sister Rogelia, an ever-dearest to me. I could always remember her in every meetings we had in the church way back my youth leader's days. She's always ready with her meryendas and superb meals. "Walang nagugutom pag-anjan si Sister Rogelia sa meeting". I so miss her.

The youth in action thirty (30) minutes before the mass. Putting all the letters for the mass' caption.

And it says:  
"Paghigugmaay Kamo Ingon Nga Ako Nahigugma Kanimo"


And as the mass went through, the highlights of the celebration is the "Washing of the Feet" of the twelve (12) disciples of Jesus Christ.



As what is often taught in the church, washing another's feet is an act of humility while doing it in a humble attitude. Christ performed the basic task that is done by most of the lowliest servant. He was submissive to the will of His Father in heaven. Through this act of Christ, He made it clear to us that he doesn't expect anything from all us. He served us, instead that we are the ones serving Him.

We were once washed and completely cleaned at our baptism, we still occasionally commit sin as we walk through this life. Thus, we need to be cleansed and need Christ to wash our feet to be completely clean again. This symbolizes the forgiveness of all our sins. 

Taking Christ as an example, he simply teaches us to be humble by doing good for others, by doing acts of service or kindness for our fellowmen. 


And as the mass was about to end, I realized how time flies so fast. People I've work with in the church, grow old, others come while some of them go. There are new sets of active servers, new faces of young generation in the youth ministry. Other ministries have the old ones still remained loyal and delighted to serve. But whoever is there, one thing is for sure, the annual tradition keeps on repeating and repeating bringing with it the same message as before. It continues to remind each one of us that wherever we are and whatever is our present status in life, the message and love of Christ to each one of us is always there unfadingly.



I am just so lucky that I've come to encounter Christ, worked with His mission and able to served His people at a younger age. I am also thankful to the people I've worked with. I've learned so many things from all of them. And now that I am soon be a mother, all the learnings and experiences I have in the church are my best guide in raising my child to be a God-fearing and a good citizen in this country. I've always thirst for service but I know In His time, I will be satisfied.

P.S.

I saw this posted outside the church bulletin board. Please support this upcoming activity of the parish.

Thanks and continue to be a blessing for others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment